The Oath of the President of the United States declares that he will faithfully execute the laws of the United States and, to the best of his ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States.
By signing NDAA for 2012, President Obama has authorized the arrest and the indefinite detention without trial of citizens and residents of the United States, which is both immoral and cruel and violates multiple provisions of the Constitution, including
• Article 1, Section 9, the privilege to petition for habeas corpus;
• Article 3, Section 3, stronger due process for claims of treason;
• Fourth Amendment right to be free from unreasonable seizures;
• Fifth Amendment prohibition of loss of liberty without due process;
• Sixth Amendment right to a speedy and public trial with representation.
NDAA also violates the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, which the U.S. has signed. We therefore declare that, because President Obama has signed NDAA for 2012 and thereby violated his oath of office, he should be impeached by Congress.
NOTE: For more legal analysis, see http://www.nlg.org/news/announcements/nlg-condemns-ndaa-provisions/