586 Public Comments So Far

July 30, 2015
Someone from Sharon, MA writes:
Please act now. I was sick for 20 years, and finally found out why and was fortunate to recover my health. After losing the ability to work, I then faced large uncovered dental and medical costs. I have met growing numbers of people with similar stories across the country. Many of my friends have been harmed by all kinds of medical and dental devices. It is a hidden, painful and costly epidemic. The FDA does not protect us. The Administration does not protect us. Congress does not protect us. During August, please contact your Legislators when they are back in the district, write your local newspapers, spread this petition through family, friends and social media, and go online and send FDA MedWatch Adverse Event Reports (Form 3500B) to the FDA if you have not already done so. Tell the Administration and Congress to stop fighting over health care financing, health care insurance, and health care ideology. Make Medical and Dental Device Safety Urgent Reform (MEDDSURGE) your top priority. Put patient safety first.
July 30, 2015
Someone from Willits, CA signed.
July 30, 2015
Someone from Vero Beach, FL signed.
July 30, 2015
Someone from Wichita Falls, TX writes:
Had to have all of mine pulled out.Do to a sinus infection in cavity.From old root canals with silver filling.Test came back as heavy metal posionig. Mercury Now WHAT do I do..Ins won't pay.For replacements.Plus now I have other issues nerve related.Take no chances .Get these off the market..
Someone from Spokane, WA signed.
July 30, 2015
Someone from Elk River, MN writes:
Silver fillings should be banned permanently. Mercury is poison so why are they putting it into our bodies?!!
July 30, 2015
Someone from Salt Lake City, UT writes:
I had a cyst in my sinus cavity that almost killed me.
July 30, 2015
Someone from Prospect Heights, IL writes:
Symptoms of dental amalgam mercury poisoning started surfacing in 1977 progressing to a wheelchair by 1987. I almost died.
July 30, 2015
Someone from Byram, MS signed.
Someone from Dennis Port, MA signed.
Someone from Bethlehem, PA writes:
That the Dental Device branch of the FDA regulates a restorative material (silver amalgam fillings) containing 50% Mercury, a known neurotoxin (brain poison) and continues to allow it to be placed, then deny and ignore all the Adverse Health reports of enormous medical damage to the consumers (patients) is beyond terrible. All while there is the safer tooth-colored composite filling! But, they are more expensive. So, is the answer to continue to poison the masses because of $$$ ? It is a known fact that Medicaid pays for tooth colored fillings but is not always offered because the silver ones are cheaper and easier to place. And, what about the informed consent? A must in medical procedures! Why is it different when implanting materials in teeth just inches from our brains! Fact: mercury fillings leak/emit vapor 24/7 Breathing and swallowing this toxin can only lead to debilitating health as it is a cumulative toxin! As a former dental assistant permanently damaged from my occupational exposure, giving 27 years to a profession that is not ways truthful to it's members, the trade organization, the ADA, is responsible and liable in my humble opinion along with their boss, the Dental Device branch of the FDA....lives have been ruined! But they will never admit because of liability factor $$$ So, Politics aside ..,, Please end the suffering and use of dental Mercury. There is NO safe level or amount that is OK. Poison is poison, not an allergy. Heavy Metal Toxicity/poisoning is an enormous medical/dental public health issue and must be addressed !
July 31, 2015
Someone from South Acworth, NH signed.
July 31, 2015
Someone from Berkeley, CA signed.
July 31, 2015
Someone from Harrisburg, PA signed.
July 31, 2015
Someone from Palm Beach Gardens, FL writes:
I am a former dental assistant, and also a dental patient who had mercury amalgam fillings in my mouth for years. As a result, I have suffered miscarriage, and then total infertility, years of chronic fatigue, hypothyroidism, memory loss, neuralgia in my face, hyper-senitivity to all metals including cooking utensils and metal tableware, loss of balance and other neurological symptoms. All of which have very slowly lessened due to safe removal of these fillings by dentists trained specifically for safe removal, chelation, and adherence to nutrional protocals for recovery. Now, I have finally regained the stamina and concentration required to write such a comment as this. It has taken years!
July 31, 2015
Someone from San Carlos, CA signed.
July 31, 2015
Someone from Santa Rosa, CA signed.
July 31, 2015
Someone from Mill Valley, CA signed.
August 1, 2015
Someone from Bellport, NY writes:
Mercury is outlawed for use in our school science labs , why is it still permitted in my mouth? Our seniors and folks younger break teeth and the fillings can leach into their mouths leaving them sick with neurological symptoms that appear like dementia leaving them in need of costly care giving . Please control the use of this substance.
August 1, 2015
Someone from Wynnewood, PA writes:
FDA has been aware of the adverse health reactions of mercury fillings since 1984, yet the agency has refused to ban their use despite the plethora of scientifice evidence proving harm .How many more millions of Americans must suffer due to the lack of govenmental regulations on a dental device containing the 50 % mercury, one of the most toxic elements on earth? I was been diagnosed with 3 life-threatening autoimmune diseases only seven days after having an amalgam mercury filling drilled out and replaced with a new one causing me to have permanent neurological problems. If I had been advised by my dentist that silver amalgam fillings were half mercury, I would not have permitted them to be placed in my teeth. BAN AMALGAM FILLINGS NOW..........
August 1, 2015
Someone from Fredericksburg, VA signed.
August 1, 2015
Someone from Long Beach, CA signed.
August 3, 2015
Someone from Montclair, CA signed.
August 3, 2015
Someone from Sacramento, CA signed.
Someone from Hayfork, CA signed.
August 3, 2015
Someone from Sharon, MA signed.
Someone from Anchorage, AK signed.
August 4, 2015
Someone from Westfir, OR signed.
August 4, 2015
Someone from Vinton, VA writes:
I am glad to hear that FDA was willing to stop the use of mercury in certain more vulnerable populations, but the Office of Budget and Management (OBM) who provides the funding for the HHS, stopped it because they thought it would cost too much. What makes a bunch of appointees with no background in science qualified to vote down funding issues related to health? How can they decide it is too expensive when they can not be voted in or voted out of office and they are not accountable to the US citizens? You can not just look at costs in dental procedures alone when toxic dentistry leads to other health issues which also must be paid for. The cost to the person who develops illnesses because of toxic dentistry, results in one's suffering, loss of income from not being able to work and the loss to a family if the parent does not have enough energy to play with the children, and grandchildren. This is also a loss. Many divorces occur because of the stress with living with a sick spouse. At least people should be warned of the components and possible problems with medical devices so they can make better choices. Our health insurances and medical costs are rising every day, and things will continue to get worse until the public is aware of the possible toxic exposures in medical devices. In the meantime health costs are bankrupting the country. We need REFORM and we need it NOW.
August 4, 2015
Someone from Boca Raton, FL signed.
August 4, 2015
Someone from Los Altos, CA signed.
August 4, 2015
Someone from Chapel Hill, NC signed.
August 4, 2015
Someone from Miami, FL signed.
Someone from Sewell, NJ signed.
August 5, 2015
Someone from North Easton, MA signed.
August 5, 2015
Someone from Berkeley, CA writes:
I did not know that the many "silver fillings" I had would vaporize mercury over the life of the filling, nor that I was at greater risk coming from a family w/ allergies. (Eventually tests showed that my body had high levels of mercury.) I was diagnosed w/ fibromyalgia when in grad school, later w/ 4 other illnesses that precluded my ability to use my education. This is the case w/ so many others I know--some of whom are brilliant w/ high levels of education. This leads to an inability to support oneself and family. HHS should include in its assessment of costs, the resulting cost to the Govt. of more people on disability: SSD, SSI, Medicaid and early use of Medicare.
August 5, 2015
Someone from Glendale, CA signed.
August 5, 2015
Someone from Byers, CO signed.
August 6, 2015
Someone from Waynesboro, MS signed.
August 6, 2015
Someone from Wasilla, AK signed.