February 6, 2015
Someone from Belmont, NC signed.
February 6, 2015
Someone from Los Alamos, NM signed.
February 6, 2015
Someone from Ambler, PA signed.
February 6, 2015
Someone from Columbus, OH signed.
February 6, 2015
Someone from Port Chester, NY signed.
Someone from Arkville, NY writes:
This has to be retroactive to the time consumer protections were taken away from student loans!!
Someone from Brookline, MA writes:
I am a student who deeply in debt out of choice, but our standards need to change, so walks can get an education through out the world and right here in our country!!!!!!! Sincerely, Meghan H. Follansbee
Someone from Saint Louis, MO writes:
Student loan debtors are unfairly discriminated upon. They have have had their rights taken away under Title 11 U.S.C. 523(a)(8). Please return consumer protections to student loans.
February 6, 2015
Someone from North Hollywood, CA signed.
February 6, 2015
Someone from Roanoke, VA signed.
Someone from Los Gatos, CA writes:
We have a constitutional right to equal protection under the law. We are being discriminated against. The government is making money off of us. This needs to stop.
Someone from Bartlett, IL writes:
My future looked so bright until my credit was ruined by the unfair practices of my lenders when I fell on hard times. I cannot buy a home, get a good job, rent an apartment and getting married is out of the question. I make payments but will never be able to pay it off in full. I face garnishment of my social security and a huge tax debt of any unforgiven amount which will put me into even more poverty. Please, please, please help us. I am not alone.
Someone from Terre Haute, IN signed.
Someone from Bartlett, IL writes:
Please help defend the rights of students who suffer from huge, overburdening student loan debts.
February 6, 2015
Someone from San Diego, CA signed.
Someone from Bartlett, IL writes:
My mother went to Chiropractic school in the 1980's but was unable to find work and make enough to support her family. She graduated Valedictorian and still couldn't find work! Her student loan lenders refused to work with her and eventually ruined her credit. She had to give up her dream of being a chiropractor and find other work. However, her student loans caused such damage to her credit that she was unable to find a good job, or even rent an apartment for us to live in! It has been a struggle for her all my life and she is a hardworking and smart person. Now I am graduating from high school and she can't afford to help me go to college. And after seeing what she has been through I don't want to go into that same "student loan hell" that she went through. Please help my mother and others like her. Please given them back the right to declare bankruptcy. She pays on her loans but will never pay them off. She has nightmares about never being able to retire and about the huge tax debt she will face if any of her loans are forgiven. Please help her and others like her who honestly tried to get an education and better their lives but, through no fault of their own, were unable to benefit from their education! Doing so will be good for the economy and will show young adults, like myself, that going to college is a risk worth taking after all!
February 6, 2015
Someone from Grand Rapids, MI signed.
February 6, 2015
Someone from Long Beach, CA signed.
February 6, 2015
Someone from Columbia, MO signed.
February 6, 2015
Someone from White Salmon, WA signed.
February 6, 2015
Someone from Los Gatos, CA signed.
February 6, 2015
Someone from Darien, IL signed.
February 6, 2015
Someone from San Pablo, CA signed.
February 6, 2015
Someone from Martinsville, VA signed.
Someone from Roswell, NM signed.
February 6, 2015
Someone from Greenville, MI signed.
February 6, 2015
Someone from Shepherdstown, WV signed.
Someone from Chattanooga, TN writes:
The fact that students are privately financing what should be a publicly-funded benefit for all is a travesty.
February 6, 2015
Someone from Portage, MI signed.
February 6, 2015
Someone from Portage, MI signed.
February 6, 2015
Someone from Farmingdale, NY signed.
February 6, 2015
Someone from Canton, IL signed.
Someone from Schaumburg, IL writes:
Cost of education has sent many many students over the edge..Enough is enough.
February 6, 2015
Someone from Mandeville, LA signed.
February 6, 2015
Someone from Rockville, MD signed.
February 6, 2015
Someone from Des Moines, IA signed.
Someone from Gooding, ID writes:
I support allowing bankruptcy discharge. it turns out technically you already can they've just made it very difficult, Then they told nearly every judge out there it can't be done... But there is a clause allowing 'extreme hardship bankruptcy.' I can't get a lawyer interested, nor the judges here to listen... In my case the payments have been set higher by the company that bought it than my income, and they refuse to allow me to get on the 'income pay' program until I pay a bit over half my annual income to get 'caught up' yeah.. talk about a nasty situation!... How that doesn't qualify as a hardship, I will never know. *sighs* And yet.. a man in Washington State got discharged under hardship while making 2500 a month!
Someone from Oberlin, KS writes:
Private Student Loans are the biggest debt over my head do to the Economy Obama has Created No Jobs!!! Please pass this so I can work on climbing out of the hole ny Education put me in!
February 6, 2015
Someone from Sebastopol, CA signed.
Someone from San Antonio, TX writes:
Student loans have ruined my life.