May 5, 2010
Someone from Medford, NY writes:
My boyfriend is in jail right now, all because his ex gf lied to get revenge from his subpoened testimony against her at her divorce trial. She knew how to work the cops and court in CT. A good man, with no record now suffering in jail for nothing, and she gets away with perjury! Congress as well as state legislatures needs to pay attention to the real victims, our men! And juries are a joke, naively believing the lies! Wake up America! Now is the time to change the system! Is anyone listening?
May 7, 2010
Someone from New York Mills, NY signed.
May 7, 2010
Someone from Othello, WA writes:
Screening for d/v needs shown. The persons involved needs to fill out sign a cert-form for truth. If a cry-wolf false d/v call comes in the caller needs held accountable with fines and jail time. It should never be like in our case that the caller is protected over the real victim. Trully if a women calls d/v on the husband as I have seen over again just to get the guy out and have control over the perhaps kids and child support/alimony...This is always about power control money. If kids are involved they have the biggest loss in all of it. We need better laws/rules/accountablity. Those given the power and control also need to really pay attention care and follow the law themselves.
May 12, 2010
Someone from Scottsdale, AZ writes:
Tougher laws to prevent false allegations is a must.
May 12, 2010
Someone from Auburn, IN writes:
We parents took EVERY PREVENTIVE step to protect our g/ 6 days before birth. We drove 13 hrs to return our daughter & g/d, only for the dad of our g/d molest her at 7 months, than again at 1 yr old.He was deliquent on court ordered chils supp, petitioned to take med. responsibility only to leave a trail of neglect, then falselly acused me of stalking, which he & both his lawyers were guilty of in 2 states..This abuser has at least 5 know victims...No law has protected us during all this family court corruption..Then a prot. order of lies from cps, sac, & neglecent detect..no- one had proof...but pointed the finger at me...Now i'm on a registry for being on call 24/7 to protect our g/d..Laws need to be changed nationwide so judges are required to "VIEW EVIDENCE" before the prot. order is served...Now our g/d who will be 7 yrs old soon is TOTALLY ISOLATED from the g/parents who saved her life..
May 12, 2010
Someone from Tucson, AZ writes:
Its ridiculous, I now live alone and very little contact with kids and some of my civil rights are negated.
May 12, 2010
Someone writes:
My brother has been wrongly given tro .few days from now he is going to have a heart transplant .His wife goes to work every morning and comes back in evening while my brother gets the kids ready for school drops them and picks them before she is back from work ,I the evening he helps the kids with hw.and puts them to bed she never cooks just opens some packets and feeds the kids junk food and my brother fends for himself....He needed to be taken care of instead she walks around the house with a perpetual sulk....i guess to hide her plain laziness and guilt she picks a fight and calls the police this is the third time she did and this time my brother needed to be in bed waiting for surgery but no siree she gets him thrown out and he is running around looking for a place to rest while she lounges around in the comfort in the house that he built from scratch....anyone can suggest where can he go to be heard
May 13, 2010
Someone from Reynoldsburg, OH signed.
May 14, 2010
Someone from Bartlett, IL signed.
May 14, 2010
Someone from Glendale, AZ writes:
MY EX FOUND I HAD GOT AN ATTORNEY (WE WERE IN THE PROCESS OF SEPARATING) SHE DISAPPEARED WITH MY SON. AT THAT POINT MY SON WAS 1 AND A HALF. I WENT TO SEE MY SON WITH A CAMCORDER ROLLING TO SHOW THE JUDGE SHE WAS REFUSING TO LET ME SEE MY SON. I HAD IT TAPED THAT I JUST REQUESTED TO SEE HIM AND LEFT NO THREATS NO VERBAL ABUSE EVERYTHING WAS RECORDED. THEN AFTER I LEFT SHE CALLED THE POLICE MAKING A FALSE POLICE REPORT THAT LATER TURN INTO A RESTRAINING ORDER. WHEN WE WENT TO COURT AFTER NOT BEING ABLE TO SEE MY SON FOR A MONTH ALL SHE GOT WAS LECTURED BY THE JUDGE ON HER CHARACTER AND VALUES FOR 3-5 MINUTES. AND THE JUDGE THEW IT OUT.... FAST FOWARD TO 3 YEARS LATER. SAME PROBLEM WE SIMPLY DISAGEED ON A MINOR PARENTING ISSUE AND A FEW DAYS LATER I RECIEVE ANOTHER RESTRAINING ORDER... THIS TIME I MISSED MY SONS FIRST DAY OF 1ST GRADE. THIS TIME WE GO TO COURT AND THE NEW JUDGE THAT SAW US RIPPED INTO HER FOR ATLEAST 15 MINUTES BRINGING HER TO TEARS. IM WAITING FOR HER TO DO THIS AGAIN BECAUSE THERE IS NO PANALTY!!THERE NEEDS TO BE ACCOUNTABILITY AND PENALTY ON THE JUDGES AND PEOPLE THAT MAKE THESE FALSE ALLEGATIONS.
May 16, 2010
Someone from Tyler, TX writes:
False allegations of domestic violence have become the weapon of choice for some vindictive women who lack integrity. VAWA has given them the full resources of state and fedral government to abuse what should only be used as a shield.
May 16, 2010
Someone from Athens, TX signed.
May 16, 2010
Someone from Walkersville, MD writes:
Immigrant spouses use false allegations of domestic violence against their citizen spouses in order to circumvent US immigration laws and get a green card.
6 years ago
Someone from Jacksonville, FL writes:
My wife of 3 years has repeatedly used the threat of calling the police for DV as a way to keep me from filing for divorce. Once she tried while I was away for work and I get a call from an officer asking me to come to the police station. I explained I was about 650 miles away and would be home on Friday. He seemed perplexed as she had just reported that I struck her and left the area. Once I returned home I went to the sheriff office to clear this up and was promptly arrested even though I had I plane ticket and hotel receipt from the city I was in. I had to bond out and basically fight for every little thing against a system setup to fight men. Once in court it was thrown out and proven that she lied, but NOTHING (I MEAN NOTHING)happened to her and I have a record now of having had a TPO on me. This is with out a doubt the saddest form of American justice there is.
6 years ago
Someone from Cincinnati, OH writes:
I was just acquitted of a false allegation in March, this is the second time my spouse tried this avenue, she was the abuser in both situations, and the police refused to take a complaint from me. With evidence to prove he the perp, i was still turned away, REFORM VAWA NOW. Where is my equal protection and programs.
6 years ago
Someone from Kenosha, WI signed.
6 years ago
Someone from Spring Hill, FL writes:
My 40yo son was a law abiding citizen, a professional job for 20 yrs is now unemployable, homeless, lost everything including self esteem, has custody of three children, all hurt badly by two yr marriage to a vindictive jealous stepmom who made false allegation of dom viol thanks to VAWA. My son is all but dead. Stop this insanity
6 years ago
Someone from Kissimmee, FL signed.
6 years ago
Someone from Trenton, NJ signed.
6 years ago
Someone from Fort Drum, NY signed.
May 26, 2010
Someone from Marion, VA writes:
I came across this petition while searching for any domestic violence cry wolf laws that might exist for the state of West Virginia. My brother who is currently still married to his acuser and a father to their two daughters in reality has been the victim for over 5yrs now. In the past 5yrs she has filed 12+ domestic assult charges against him and most recent 2 protective orders for her and the girls because she fears for their lives. Not one time has there been any evidence at ALL that he has laid a hand on her other than her word. He has not seen his girls but for 2wks in the past 3mths and that was when she asked him to come back home the day after filing the second protective order and now it won't be till the middle of July when they go for the divorce hearing that he might get to see them again. How sad for those children! He is unemployed and has no money, resources or will power left to fight her. Something has got to change and someone in the courts have to realize the pattern here. I hope in some way by me signing this petition and telling only 1/3 of my brothers story that it will help.
May 26, 2010
Someone from Little Falls, NJ signed.
May 26, 2010
Someone from Little Falls, NJ signed.
May 26, 2010
Someone from Little Falls, NJ signed.
May 27, 2010
Someone from Daly City, CA writes:
My fiance falsy accused. The children are the ones who suffer the most. We have spent a great amount of money on our defense. We have a great attorney. The law will prevail. We will win this. But for now, we wait until the trial. Coming soon and cant wait.
May 28, 2010
Someone from San Bernardino, CA signed.
Someone from Irving, TX writes:
There are many people who have been falsely accused which totally changed their lives and not for the better.
May 28, 2010
Someone from Grapevine, TX writes:
During my divorce, my ex made false accusations against me, the fourth man she has made them against, it did not matter, I was charged as if guilty, without any evidence, only her word.
May 30, 2010
Someone from Quakertown, PA signed.
May 31, 2010
Someone from Boca Raton, FL signed.
May 31, 2010
Someone from Boca Raton, FL signed.
June 1, 2010
Someone from Mansfield, PA signed.
June 1, 2010
Someone from Bloomfield, NJ writes:
I was a victim of false acussation of domestic violence by my wife, she had no evidence what so ever ,i did that she was a liar and i lost the case,beside i lost all my money trying to defend my self. this is an injustice for innocent men.
June 2, 2010
Someone from Puyallup, WA writes:
False allegations cost us our life savings. No evidence, all on "her word," we were taken to court over and over again, one allegation after another. Even though we got the children, she should be jailed for taking 3 years of our lives and costing us over $250,000.... just cuz she said so.
June 6, 2010
Someone from Frederick, MD writes:
This is happening WAY TOO MUCH! As a step mother who isn't "allowed" to be part of my husbands children's lives all because the EX WIFE made false allegations in court, but didn't have to prove a thing. Our case also includes a guardian ad litam and a counselor who are getting PAID BIG BUCKS by the mother's family to keep all this "crap" going on! It is ridiculous and all we hope and pray is that something will change. We may have to wait for each of the children to actually turn 18 before we can actually have a "normal" life with them, but that day WILL come and when it does I hope the mother will understand just how much she hurt her children in denying visitation with their father and step-mother in all their young lives. FAMILY COURT is a joke in Morgan County, WV -These people don't care about you or the children. The counselor assigned to the case continues to brain wash these children by saying "mommy will be so sad if you spend more time with daddy" and makes the child feel guilty if they act like they have fun when they are with their dad, becuase it hurts mommy's feelings. Mommy needs to move on - it's been 6 years! Not sure we will see a change before these kids turn 18 but I do hope and pray that someone can put an end to all of this. You don't have to go to court to get a license to have sex to make kids - but they give fathers a nice stiff ride in the court room when you get divorced when it comes visitation with their children! It's time equal parenting was put to the test and child support disappears - because if both parents had the kids EQUALLY one parent wouldn't need "EXTRA" money to take care of the children. Again - this would mean taking away a "government program" that makes MILLIONS in interest a year on arrearages and child support set too high on fathers that have lost their jobs and don't seem to care about that! But that's a different subject from false allegations! I sign this petiion hoping that there will be someone at Capital Hill that TRULY UNDERSTANDS what father's go through to BE A FATHER after a divorce. The divorce is between husband and wife and it's time the children stop getting thrown in the middle and used as a pawn to gain leverage for visitation! People that file false allegations, INCLUDING THE LAWYERS, should be treated as criminals! Anyone that can lie under oath has committed perjury - and I thought there was a penalty for that under our constitution!
June 11, 2010
Someone from Friendswood, TX signed.
June 13, 2010
Someone from Vacaville, CA writes:
Recently my husbands ex-wife filed false restaining orders on myself and my husband because she is bitter and angry that he is happy without her.He hasn't even talked to her in over a year and now all of a sudden she pulls this just to get his attention. I have in the past been a victim of REAL domestic violence. It is extremely offensive to me that she is able to use the system that is in place to shield victims as a sword because she is bitter.
June 14, 2010
Someone from Humboldt, TN writes:
Falsely accused of 17 counts of rape and other things - aquitted but it has ruined my life and our families finances.
June 15, 2010
Someone from Bay Minette, AL writes:
My brother in law is being falsely accused of touching his little girl who he loves to death just because he wanted to low the child support amount. I feel so bad because we all know he is innocent. Clean record and his ex wife actual boyfriend has a bad record with minors and my brother's daughter spend most of her time with him, how can this be?
6 years ago
Someone from Euless, TX signed.