March 10, 2010
Someone from Maysville, GA writes:
we need to put a stop to people lying
March 10, 2010
Someone from Cleveland, OH signed.
March 11, 2010
Someone from Elyria, OH writes:
It is sad when you see one of your good friend become a victim of this. Especially when you know this person very well.
March 12, 2010
Someone from Cleveland, OH writes:
The true victims in these situations are the children!
Someone from Indianapolis, IN signed.
March 14, 2010
Someone from Forest Lake, MN writes:
I was arrested in front of my children when my wife came home drunk with strangers, and I asked her to stop drinking and have the strangers leave our home with children present at 2am... she got angry and stormed off to get her "friends" and go elsewhere to drink, was so drunk she stumbled on the stairs, and the friends who did not even witness this called the police saying I had thrown her down the stairs. (she did not even fall or get hurt in any way, and if she had it would have only been due to her drunkenness - and had nothing to do with me. In fact she was being drunk and disorderly. I was arrested, the only sober and responsible adult in my home! My children were left with obviously and even admittedly drunk wife and strangers! Then, when my wife sobered up and realized the terrible mistake that had been made - it was too late. The county attorney would not drop the case even with her testimony that no violence had occurred. I ended up pleading guilty to disorderly conduct with adjudication withheld for one year...it was the only way I could get the restraining order dropped and return home to my wife and kids. I was told that this would not go on my record as I was not being convicted unless I was charged with same or similar in the next year. My wife and I thinking this was the quickest and cheapest way out of this crazy situation accepted, as I was unemployed due to economy and lay off. It has now been almost a year and I still am not working! I have had three job offers only to have them rescinded after a background check that showed that I was not convicted, but was currrently charged until the years time had passed. My understanding now is that even when the year is up - the charges will be dismissed, but will still be on my criminal record! Thus far this situation has cost me and my family $70,000 in lost income. My wife who is supposed to be helped by this program is suffering as we are going to lose our home, my poor kids are suffering... this is unjust and simply wrong! From the moment that the false accusation was made, I was assumed guilty. Even when the officers came to my home and found me calm amd sober with a house full of clearly and admittedly drunk people...I was arrested. I have no record of any kind, other than a speeding ticket. I have been an upstanding and responsible citizen/tax payer all of my life, I am 42 years old and my career has been destroyed. My wife is not normally a crazy drunk like she was that night, it was just a stupid situation that she feels terrible about and will haunt her for the rest of her life. Instead of helping our family, the police and courts have cost us everything financially. I shutter to think of what could have happened that night. I have 2 beautiful girls who were left alone with a mother who was so drunk she could hardly stand and 3 complete strangers - two of them men in my home! My wife and children could have been sexually abused by these strange drunk and
March 14, 2010
Someone from Dillsburg, PA writes:
my neighbor made a false domestic report on me and my husband for a verbal arguement and we were Evicted out of our Mobile Home with out any formal arrests on either of us!!
March 14, 2010
Someone from Saint Petersburg, FL writes:
My ex-fiancee did the same to me when I dumpped her for another woman that I love. She stated to th ecourt that I'm following her and threating her. That was false, The Juge rulled in her favor even that wasn't true.
March 14, 2010
Someone from Waleska, GA writes:
We need to cut out the arrests for false accusations and actually help the true victims - so many times the story gets turned around and the victms are the ones who suffer even more while the perpetrator gets away with it all at the victims expense.
March 15, 2010
Someone from Laredo, TX signed.
March 15, 2010
Someone from New York, NY signed.
March 16, 2010
Someone from Sault Sainte Marie, MI signed.
7 years ago
Someone from Concord, NC writes:
I have been the target of false allegations of domestic violence surrounding a custody case. I am thankful that the Court was able to see through these allegations and find in my favor. My advice is documentation, documentation, documentation. The courts do not want to hear unsubstantiated claims. Prepare yourself adequately prior to any court appearance.
Someone from Zephyrhills, FL signed.
March 25, 2010
Someone from Canyon Country, CA signed.
March 26, 2010
Someone from Santa Clarita, CA writes:
women can also be the accused party. My good friend was falsely accused,thrown in a mental hospital,moved out of her home,never to have custody of her children all with only her husbands accusations also without provacation
March 26, 2010
Someone from Westminster, MD signed.
March 31, 2010
Someone from Seattle, WA writes:
I think the language of this petition may be preventing some from signing, but the heart of it is absolutely in the right place. I was served with a restraining order for the first time yesterday by my very (sadly) disturbed ex-fiance. It was an unnecessary thing for her to do, but I believe that she really does believe she needs it for safety. The main point here is not that, but what the impact of this could be on ME. While no criminal charges are filed or pending, she will basically have control over my life in many ways. If a background check is done for a rental home, a good job, or even the purchase of a firearm, I'm going to be screwed. If she gets angry one day and just decides that it's time for me to "pay", she will have the ability to call the police, say I threatened her or came on to her property and BOOM - I'm in jail facing a Class C Felony. Legitimate cases of Domestic Violence -- whether man against woman OR woman against man are no joke. I am shocked by the lack of choices for challenging a temporary contact order. I can't find anything close to a real "mitigation" hearing on the thing. Even if I do that... What am I supposed to do then? I feel a little like I'm not going to make it very far and every time I get close, I fall right back down into the crater of hell I have put myself in.
April 1, 2010
Someone from Montclair, NJ writes:
I am the victim of false allegation of domestic violence after the break up of a very short-term relationship. Without any proof whatsoever against me (only her false allegation of d.v.), a restraining order was entered against me, my name put on a d.v. state wide registry, I was arrested, jailed, had to post bail, pay exorbitant attorney fees to defend me in 5 separate courts, lost my job due to having to make court appearances, lost my lay leader position at my church because the accuser contacted my Pastor and repeated the lies. After one year, I am still fighting against these lies! After all the court battles are completed (4 of the 5 court battles I have won), I will do whatever it takes to make sure the accuser who has falsely accused me is sued in civil court for defamation of character, filing false police reports, malicious prosecution. My life has been turned upside down all due to a failed relationship with a lunatic! I AM THE VICTIM HERE! What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty? This abuse of the d.v. system by false accusers must stop and those who lie to attempt to gain revenge must be harshly dealt with by imposing stiff monetary penalties (and jail sentences) for clogging up the system and preventing real abuse cases from reaching the court system. This is a real problem that must be addressed. Those who have been falsely accused need to be able to have recourse against their accusers!
April 2, 2010
Someone from Bryceville, FL signed.
April 3, 2010
Someone from Bryceville, FL writes:
I am living this night mare again for the second time with the same woman.She did it in 2002 and later recanted her story in court and nothing was done to her.Now she has left me for another man and things did not work out between them so she is mad because I told her she could not come back.She filed a domestic injunction after being gone for 5-6 weeks and I had not even seen her since she left.I went to court with all the papers from the last time she lied about domestic abuse and took 3 witness on my behalf but was not allowed to use them or my court papers from the last time either.The judge ruled in her favor and at 47 years old and no convictions I can not carry my gun that I have a cwp for nor can I defend my life,property or hunt wild game for food.Where are my rights,I work,vote,pay taxes and obey the law but am treated like a convicted felon.
April 9, 2010
Someone from Levittown, PA signed.
April 14, 2010
Someone from Spring Hill, FL signed.
April 14, 2010
Someone from Woodland Park, CO signed.
April 14, 2010
Someone from Southgate, MI signed.
April 14, 2010
Someone from Waddy, KY writes:
People need to learn to keep their hands to themselves, unless otherwise requested.
April 14, 2010
Someone from West Roxbury, MA writes:
HAVE A FRIEND WHO IS THE VICTIM OF FALSE ALLEGATIONS, BY IS FORMER GIRFR, WHO IS THE NIECE OF A TOP OFFICAL W/ THE BOSTON POLICE DEPARTMENT. TRY FIGHTING THAT ONE, SHE IS A PSYCH HISTORY A MILE LONG, HE IS AN EMT W/ THE CITY OF BOSTON FOR 25 YRS IS NEARLY DESTITUTE DUE TO ALL THE CHILD SUPPORT AND RESTRICTION PLACED ON HIM, NOT ALLOWED TO WORK OVERTIME ,ETC...HIS LIFE IS RUINED !
April 14, 2010
Someone from Willard, OH signed.
April 14, 2010
Someone from Willard, OH signed.
April 16, 2010
Someone from Springfield, IL writes:
Filing false sexual allegations should be a charge equal to one that can be handed out for the charge (Felony).
April 16, 2010
Someone from Springfield, IL writes:
This is horrible. The court needs to be fair in all our laws.................
6 years ago
Someone from Springfield, VA writes:
Thank you for this effort - this is a reality and we don't know that is out there until it happens to us.
6 years ago
Someone from Burke, VA signed.
6 years ago
Someone from Kissimmee, FL signed.
6 years ago
Someone from Dublin, OH writes:
The Justice System of this country is truly shameful and is an abomination in dealing with illegal protection orders and holding me illegally accused of violence. The law has so far done irreparable damage to my reputation, self esteem, career by vilating my constitutional rights and taking away my due process rights being falsely accused of domestic violence just like countless thousands of hapless and innocent others like myself.
April 26, 2010
Someone from Tampa, FL writes:
Guilty as charged!!! something needs to be done.
Someone from Miami, FL signed.
April 28, 2010
Someone from Elko, NV writes:
My friend is now in jail under false circumstances brought on by his girlfriend. I am a FEMALE and i do not believe it is correct to always side with the female on cases such as that, hes girlfriend is a psychopath and she can get away with this? Hell no, hell no!
April 29, 2010
Someone from Waxhaw, NC writes:
A survivor of domestic violence....it's a shame that there are women that play the abuse card when they have no idea what living in that situation is like.
April 30, 2010
Someone from Brooklyn, NY signed.